Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day 7 of #90daysofblogging

Ok, so...today.....I got nothing again. Sorry!

Just kidding..........
Ok so, you know how you get a letter in the mail from the courts saying you have been picked for Jury duty? Well, I got one, and like the good honest citizen that I am, I filled out the part I needed to and sent it back. Yes I did, cuz that's how I roll! I did my duty.

So yesterday I am cleaning off the kitchen table, I needed to, I have been crafting in there (rolling eyes because I have taken over the whole house) and low and behold buried underneath all that good craftyness was the part I have to keep to remind me of jury duty. I was to show up.......on the 4th.......I forgot......(holding my head in my hands) OMG, what have I done and what will they do to me!!!!!
My husband brings in the mail and low and behold, there is a letter from the courts. Oh shit! I am in contempt of court, hell, I don't even know what that means exactly.
I have to go and explain to the judge as to why I did not show up!!!!!

Should I lie, should I make up a good story? NO, I plan to tell the truth, but first......I have to go to the doctors and have blood taken (for a medication I am on that is new) then I have to go to the dentist and have a broken took pulled (been waiting a week to have this taken care of) and then I am going to go and talk to the judge and ask him "what more do you want, I already gave blood and my eye tooth, well, not really my eye tooth but it sounds better LOL.

So, why didn't I go? I forgot, plain and simple, I forgot. Hell, I can't tell you what I had for dinner the night before sometimes. I forget a lot lately. But I am going to ask them, "don't you ever make a mistake?" and if they say no, I am going to pull out the letter they sent me and say "Oh yeah, then why did I get someone elses letter?" Yes, they sent me an envelope with MY name on it but the letter was addressed to another woman with her address on it!!!!!!! LOLOL

Stay tuned, unless they don't let me have my one phone call and they don't let you play on computers all day..............

Update, I am not wearing prison garb!
Oh and go check out the other blogs here...

3 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Bring a picture of your art desk at it's messiest so you can show them how it could have gotten lost there, lol But just in case, maybe we better start a fund for bail money? bwahahahaha...cough...cough...

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

damn I fell asleep while leaving a comment on your blog.. I hope you aren't in jail! :) Everything will be fine!

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment!!! We would have started a GoFundMe page for you to spring you from jail!! This is really too funny....lol
Yvonne